Our Triple Safe 30 Day Money Back horse float warranty is included with every new Equiluxe horse float
* 30 Day Money Back guarantee: In the unlikely event you don’t absolutely love your new float or it doesn’t give you the results we say it will, all you have to do is call us and ask for a full refund, which we will organise immediately.
* 12 months Comprehensive insurance.
* 3 Year Warranty: Subject to the terms and conditions below.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EQUILUXE HORSE FLOATS
- Date of Effect of This Document
- Purchaser’s Proposed Tow Vehicle
- Warranty – General Conditions
- Warranty Periods
- Defects Claims
- Warranty Exclusions
- Purchaser’s Responsibilities
1. Definitions – words defined in this warranty
- “EQUILUXE” means – Medved Development Group P/L
- “EQUILUXE HORSE FLOATS” means – Medved Development Group P/L
- “PURCHASER” means – registered owner
- “MISUSE” means – Damage caused to the horse float by being used in any way other than its intended design purpose including but not limited to damage caused by a horse, an accident, theft or willful destruction.
2. Date of Effect of This Document
This warranty is effective for all Equiluxe horse floats purchased new from Equiluxe after the 20th August 2014. Equiluxe reserves the right to update warranty terms and conditions from time to time as it sees fit. In such event where warranty conditions are updated post 20th August 2014, such new conditions shall not be retrospective.
3. Purchaser’s Proposed Tow Vehicle
Equiluxe takes no responsibility for works or modifications that may or may not be required to the proposed tow vehicle.
Equiluxe takes no responsibility or makes any claims as to the proposed tow vehicle’s compatibility, towing capacity, suitability and / or required electrical accessories and connections.
Equiluxe takes no responsibility for the compatibility of the proposed tow vehicle’s existing or proposed brake controller unit.
All Equiluxe horse floats come with LED external brake, park, indicator and clearance lights and comply with Australian Design Rules (ADR). Equiluxe Horse Floats takes no responsibility as to the proposed tow vehicle’s compatibility with all such LED fittings.
In the event that Equiluxe recommends any External Contractors for works to a proposed tow vehicle, Equiluxe takes no responsibility for such works and such agreed works shall be between the Purchaser and External Contractor whereby the Purchaser shall remain liable to pay the External Contractor in full.
NOTE: Your proposed tow vehicle will require auxiliary power to charge the break- away unit and to operate any wireless camera system/s.
4. Warranty – General Conditions
Equiluxe warranty conditions cover the use of your new horse float under normal conditions and service. Any modifications not carried out by Equiluxe or its approved contractors may void this warranty unless previously agreed in writing or directly arranged by Equiluxe and its chosen contractor.
Equiluxe shall not be liable for the costs of any works arranged by the purchaser that may constitute works under this warranty unless prior consent has been directly provided by Equiluxe.
In the event that works or modifications are undertaken to the horse float by the purchaser during the warranty period without the consent of Equiluxe this may constitute voiding of the warranty. Please provide us written documentation of the proposed work/s to allow Equiluxe to endorse any such works. Such endorsement shall not reasonably be with held so long as it does not contravene this warranty document.
5. Warranty Periods
Ten (10) Years:
Equiluxe Dura-Struct composite flooring (subject to availability 2015); It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to regularly inspect the rubber floor, and any potential damage to the floor and tailgate.
Three (3) Years:
- Structural on chassis, frame and flooring; It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to regularly inspect the seal around the rubber floor and any potential damage to the floor and tailgate. Although the flooring is of structural marine grade, a damaged seal can allow water to penetrate into the plywood and may limit the service life of the floor and tailgate. (This seal will however be inspected by Equiluxe as part of your normal service).
- Suspension; subject to regular checking and re-greasing of grease nipples with intervals of no greater than six (6) months.
- Break-away battery
- All parts apart from those listed below:
One (1) Year:
- Wheel bearings; wheel bearings must be checked and adjusted three (3) months after the delivery of the horse float and must be regularly serviced at six (6) month intervals. Failure to do so may result in a warranty claim being declined in the case of wheel bearings failures. Documentation will be required as proof for wheel bearing claims.
- Equi-Assist reversing & internal cameras
- Jockey wheels
- Paint; The majority of horse floats are subject to much more extreme conditions than the average passenger vehicle. We highly recommend that your float be stored undercover and thoroughly cleaned and washed regularly as you would your vehicle.
- Equiluxe original options (where fitted and as below):
- Dry cell/gel battery (including associated accessories)
- Water pump (including associated accessories)
- Electrically operated ramp motor
- Air conditioning unit
- TV (including associated accessories)
6. Defects Claims
Should the Purchaser deem that there be any structural defect/s – the Purchaser shall return the horse float to Equiluxe for a full assessment.
The Purchaser may also at their discretion take the float to a qualified assessor nominated by Equiluxe, whereby the Purchaser shall be liable for the full costs of any such inspection / assessments fees. If it is proven to be a manufacturing fault within the warranty period, Equiluxe shall fully reimburse the cost of such assessment fee within 5 business days of issue of the account or pay such account to the assessor within 5 days. If the defect is deemed to be as a result of misuse or falls outside the warranty period, such fee shall be entirely borne by the Purchaser.
7. This warranty does not cover:
- Delivery or collection from the point of service or attendance at towing, breakdown, salvage or after hours service.
- Any work caused in part or in whole by the negligence of the Purchaser, its employees, agents or any third party other than Equiluxe, by failure of the customer, its employees, or agents to comply with the procedures and maintenance recommended by Equiluxe.
- Any work necessitated by any accident, theft, or act of willful destruction, overloading or misuse of the horse float. Equiluxe Horse Floats will not be
- responsible for any claims for loss of use including any costs of hiring replacement vehicles or losing nomination fees etc.
- Any repair or maintenance work, which has not had prior approval by Equiluxe, including but not limited to any licensed certified mechanic or repairer. Please note that any alterations or additions which may compromise the structural integrity of the float may void this warranty.
- Normal wear and tear of the float, which does not cover chipping or cracking paint, wheel or tyre wear, rubber wear under normal use, internal paint, hardwood flooring, handles, light globes and pin stripes.
- All glazing including mirrors excluding any faulty window frames or associated window frame hardware.
- Brake linings, which are normal ware and tare items should be inspected and adjusted at regular intervals or replaced or adjusted as necessary and are not covered.
- Any components supplied to Equiluxe by the Purchaser are not in any way covered by our warranty.
8. Purchaser’s Responsibilities
Failure to comply with the following Purchaser’s Responsibilities may void this warranty:
- Use the float in the specific way it is designed.
- Ensure regular maintenance and services are carried out at regular intervals. Ensure that it is housed, cleaned and serviced regularly. Regular intervals means no less than every 12 months and preferably every 6 months with high usage.
- Wheel bearings should be re-greased and checked every six (6) months
- Wheel bearings must be checked and adjusted three (3) months after the delivery of the horse float. Failure to do so may result in a warranty claim being declined in the case of wheel bearings failures. Documentation will be required as proof for wheel bearing claims.
- Any service or maintenance work must be carried out by a registered repairer or registered mechanic or returned to Equiluxe for its service or accessories to be fitted.
- Regular checks should be undertaken to ensure that tyre pressures stay within 40-45 psi.
- Regular checks should be undertaken for floor wear, paint wear and wheel bearing wear.
- Suspension grease nipples must be regularly checked and re-greased every six (6) months.
- Regularly inspect the float for damage or wear that may result in unsafe use.
- Wheel nuts must be checked to ensure tightness after the first 200km and subsequently at no less than six (6) monthly intervals there after. Under frequent high use, we recommend shorter intervals.
- Equiluxe Dura-Struct composite flooring – regularly inspect the rubber floor, and any potential damage to the floor and tailgate.
- Plywood Flooring – regularly inspect the seal around the rubber floor and any potential damage to the floor and tailgate. * Although the flooring is of structural marine grade, a damaged seal can allow water to penetrate into the plywood and may limit the service life of the floor and tailgate. The seal must be inspected as part of your normal scheduled service service.
Equiluxe Horse Floats may without prior notice terminate this warranty if:
- The conditions of clause “8” above are not met.
- The horse float has obvious damage caused by misuse, regardless of whether the float had a fault, before or after the alleged claim.
- The customer fails to service and maintain the horse float on a regular basis and the claim is associated with neglect, rather than a warranty issue.
- Any component or part claimed under a warranty which is clearly a horse’s doing is not covered in any way by this warranty. This includes rubber, kickboards, tail-lights, windows, cupboards, tail-boards etc.
Please Note: Should the float be returned for a service or a warranty claim, and it is dirty, whether there is manure, or traces of manure (within reason), there will be a cleaning charge of $100 prior to any work being started.